Saturday, November 14, 2009

Scooter Girl

Scooter Girl made me want to punch myself in the face. Going into the manga within the first few pages I could tell that it was going to be a angsty romance novel. So I tried to channel my inner girly high school self in hopes that I could come out of this manga enjoying it. I was unsuccessful I did not channel my inner girl well enough or this manga was just to much cheese for me to handle. It is so unoriginal that its obnoxious a popular boy who has it all meets a girl who he cant get and makes him fall on his ass. He tries to move away and he slowly regains his life but of course who shows up but the mystery girl that cant get and his life falls to shreds again. This whole process kind of continues until the end when he confesses that he really does like her and doesnt just want to get in her pants and they ride off into the sunset on there scooters. Ick. Throughout the manga I coninously caught myself saying things 'really...? really??'

The bottom line of this primarily being the art was nothing special the story was certainly nothing special. I could have found something much better to do with my hour that it took me to read the first volum.

No comments:

Post a Comment